Bikini Waxing In Duluth Near 30097, 30096, 30024
|"Best Waxing Service" - Voted No 1 in Georgia- From bikini treatments to full body hair removal, the Solar Salon And Spa® Family devotes itself to providing you with virtually painless procedures while achieving the best results possible. our treatments are all-inclusive, going beyond the ordinary. we are fanatical about your comfort. because of this obsession, we stress the proper skincare before & after the hair removal process, so you leave feeling smooth, clean, & happy! Here at Solar Salon And Spa®, we maintain hygienic conditions for all of our treatments, especially waxing. in fact, we were the first (at least to our knowledge) to strictly enforce the no double-dip policySM for all of our waxing & sugaring treatments.|
original home of the no double-dip policySM
|it's kind of creepy, but germs are everywhere. at Solar we hope to ensure a germ-free visit, using only sanitary equipment. we enforce the strict no double-dip policySM which means that the same spatula will NEVER be re-dipped into the vat of wax! Double-dipping is a common practice in wax application in which the same wooden or plastic spatula is re-dipped back into to the vat of wax during the procedure. unfortunately this technique increases the chances that any potential bacteria from one client could spread to another (yikes!). hence, our no double-dip policySM ; this way you can love your hairless skin & our affordable service without any of the worry you might feel at some scary spa.|
|if you've never waxed before & are feeling slightly apprehensive, we recommend dropping in for a complimentary patch test to see how you react personally. please get your patch test at least 24 hours before a full treatment. Waxing here at Solar Salon And Spa is performed with our sensitive formula which contains azulene oil, a natural anti-inflammatory derived from the chamomile plant that helps to soothe your skin while waxing.|
We are Participating in a SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY 11/26/2011 that is sponsored by American Express. American Express will issue a one time credit of $25 to you, when you register your American Express card on the following website and then use that card to purchase any service or product for up to $25 or more at our Salon on 11/26/2011.
If you cannot make it at our salon on this Saturday 11/26/2011, you can purchase a Gift Certificate over the phone on this Saturday 11/26/2011. Make sure you register your American Express Card as soon as possible at the following website. Let all your freind know about this great offer or post it on your Facebook page. This is FREE MONEY comming back to you. DON'T MISS IT.
|Half Arms||$12 & up|
|Full Body||$70 & up|
|Full Arm And Under Arm||$25|
- Be clean- bathe like you would if you were going to your ob/gyn (for bikini treatments).
- Be dry- cleanliness is appreciated, but please skip the lotion, you'll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- Be hairy - your hair should be at least 0.25 inches in length (which makes it long enough to lay flat on your skin). please don't shave for at least two weeks prior to your appointment to ensure that your hair is long enough! also, if you've 'let it go' & the hair seems out of control, don't worry! our specialists will trim any longer hairs to the proper length prior to the removal process.
- Be period free - (for women's bikini treatments)- it is the Solar Salon And Spa® Policy that our specialists will NOT perform bikini treatments on a menstruating client. Generally, it is best to get a bikini treatment at least a few days before or after your period. The closer you get to your actual period, the more sensitive your body becomes; so be nice to your body & avoid making appointments on those ultra-sensitive days.
- Be comfortable - If possible, wear loose clothing that day to prevent irritation in the post-wax phase.
- Be relaxed - reportedly the more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal results will be!
- Industry insider info - surely, if you've read this far, you know that the Solar Salon And Spa® Family only wants to provide you with hairless happiness & we take all precautions on our end to make sure that we do everything to make your experience an enjoyable one. we would just like to make it known to all of our clients what others in our field may try to hide or deny...
even though we are all about sterilization, there is still a chance that waxing can result in minor bumps, rashes, etc. for super sensitive skin types. For most, such irritations can be soothed & treated with over-the-counter topical treatments like hydrocortisone cream. if such irritation persists, we urge you to immediately see a dermatologist.
- It takes two to tango- we love doing our part so that you are happily hair-free, but we also strongly encourage that you love yourself as much as we do. below are a few self-help tips to harmonious hairlessness:
- Please do not wax if you have any of the following conditions: diabetes, varicose veins, phlebitis, recent scar tissue, acne, sunburned skin, moles, or any other dermatological ailments.
- After exfoliating, be sure to keep your skin hydrated with a moisturizing lotion, body butter, or baby oil.
- Also, if you are using any of the following medicines or products (which make your skin ultra-sensitive), we recommend not waxing: retin-a, accutane, tetracycline, glycolic acid, & alpha hydroxy products.
- oh, one more little warning, if you're pregnant - congratulations (!!!), but please consult with your physician before getting waxed
Important aftercare acknowledgements
After waxing, your skin is more sensitive & can be prone to irritation. At Solar Salon And Spa, we advise you to:
- Gently wash the waxed area with an antibacterial soap in lukewarm water.
- Hold off taking hot baths (for at least 2 hours). <li >Avoid ultra-violet rays from tanning beds & sunbathing (for at least 48 hours).
- Resist the sauna & steam room (for at least 48 hours).
- Abstain from use of any products containing acid, i.e. alpha-hydroxy, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, etc. (for at least 48 hours).
Ingrown hair prevention tips
Outgrow your ingrown fears! - after waxing, many clients panic about the possibility of ingrown hairs. For this common concern, Solar Salon And Spa® recommends exfoliation! (but please wait at least 48 hours before you begin your exfoliating regimen)!
- Use your normal soap/bodywash/cleanser with any Exfoliating Cloth.
- Try an exfoliating cleanser with your hands or washcloth.
sugar & fruit scrubs are most effective on dry to normal skin types or areas that you only want mild exfoliation. Salt scrubs are best used for normal to oily skin types or a deeper exfoliation.
- For a deeper exfoliation, try products containing glycolic acid (just make sure you wait 48 hours!).
Glycolic acid helps to shed dead skin cells that can clog pores & hair follicles, a major cause of ingrown hairs. Beware, products containing acidic ingredients should not be used at the same time as other products that contain acids, benzoyl peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or any topical acne products (i.e. retin-a).